Today, more and more people in India are heading towards Singapore, be it for vacation or business. Several airlines have now made it affordable for individuals to fly to Singapore. Be it Mumbai to Singapore flights or Chennai to Singapore flights, there are many carriers operating flights from major metropolitan cities to this place.
It is no wonder that the country’s tourism department has confirmed a meteoric rise of 14% more visitors from India as compared to the previous year. In the year 2016, the destination whole heartedly welcomed 1.6 crore international tourists, and 11 lakhs among them were Indians. Even when it comes to the average spend, the international travelers spend 1,000-1,100 SGD. However, an Indian visitor spends 1,500 SGD, which is more than the average spending.
If you are wondering what activities to carry out in Singapore when you are here with your family and kids, then this post is just for you. We have compiled a list of things to do in Singapore when you are with your kids.
- Night Safari– Night safari is something that both the kids and adults will like. This safari takes the visitor to a park which is a home to the nocturnal animals, roaming around freely, unfettered by the cages. The place also offers a glimpse of 29% endangered species that are on verge of extinction.
- Sentosa– Sentosa is an island dedicated to the kids. You don’t need jam packed buses, metros, or traffic stuck cabs to reach to this place. Just hop on the cable car that offers splendid views of the city. The island has various customer-friendly hotels and water theme parks for children.
- Science Centre– Sprawled across 20,000 feet, the science centre in Singapore offers interactive hands on experience to the kids. The centre offers information on how the technology has progressed, and what lies in the store for future.
- Botanical Garden– Children are always fond of open areas including shopping complexes and gardens. The botanical gardens located in Singapore are highly frequented by the travellers as they are located away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. Here, the children can feed the fish, have a look at flora, and take a picnic break.
- Jurong Bird Park-Sprawled across 20.2 acres, this park offers sanctuary to 80,000 birds. It is heaven for the bird watchers. The key attraction here is the African waterfall, South Asian bird aviary, wetlands, discovery centre, and much more. The destination is truly superb and heart rendering. The proceeds of the tickets are utilized to ensure the welfare of the bird community.
What to take care of as a traveller?
In a nutshell, Singapore is a destination that offers something for everyone. Starting from water parks to bird sanctuaries to safari, to immaculate buggy-friendly pavements and hotels to a potpourri of arts, fashion, and culture; the destination is rightly-labelled as family-friendly.
Truly Singapore is a dream destination, but before visiting this place, make sure to book air tickets and get your visas processed well within time. This way, you will be able to cherish a hassle-free and memorable holiday experience.